Improve your skin!
What is Lumecca IPL?
Lumecca is an Intense-Pulsed-Light Therapy treatment (IPL) that helps to reduce the appearance of age spots, sun damage, vascular lesions, rosacea and hyperpigmentation, restoring a clear complexion and rejuvenated skin tone.
How much is Lumecca IPL?
Full Face: $350/single treatment or $900/series of three treatments.
How many treatments will I need?
The number of treatments really depends on what is being treated. For pigmentation, generally 1-3 treatments may be recommended. For vascular lesions, generally 2-5 treatments may be recommended. Treatments are typically performed no sooner than every 4 weeks.
Is there down time with Lumecca IPL?
While there is little downtime associated with Lumecca IPL your skin may be slightly red and you could have “peppering” of your hyperpigmentation that should subside 3 to 5 days after treatment. Your skin will also be more sensitive to sun damage following your treatment so we recommend patients avoid sun exposure for at least three weeks post treatment. We also encourage patients to wear a SPF of at least 30 daily.
See if it’s right for you
- Avoid any tanning at least 6 weeks prior to treatment. This includes any form of self-tanners.
- Do not use any retinol products (or products containing tretinoin) or exfoliants on the area to
be treated for one week.
- Avoid Accutane (or isotretinoin products) for 6 months prior (Discuss with your prescribing
provider before abruptly stopping).
- Let your treatment provider know if you have a history of hyperpigmentation or are taking any
photosensitizing medications such as doxycycline or minocycline.
- Avoid retinol and other irritant topical agents (Benzoyl peroxide, AHAs, BHAs) for 4 days prior
- If applicable, please come clean-shaven in the areas to be treated (this usually means the face